Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lost in Translation

For entertainment purposes, I signed up for arablounge.com in college. One fine gentleman who saw my profile sent me the email below. While I greatly respect anyone who is trying to learn a foreign language (as I have myself), there are certain phrases in Arabic that when directly translated into English sound hilarious. So, when you read this email, please read it imagining a heavy middle eastern accent. It makes it so much better!

"Hi, how are u??? I saw your profile, i am interested to know you more, if you will not mind, you are very pretty girl.I am egyptian raised in egypt, i came here from 6 years, I am accountant, i have the CPA.I am 29 years old, very samart, handsome and know how to treat my the girls or ladies with respect, the rest you will know it by yourself. May be we have the same common things and I hope my thinking is right (I wish that ) This is my email address _____@yahoo.com I hope to talk to you soon, i will wait for you. Do not let me waiting so long. Bye sugar and god saves you."

No comments:

Post a Comment