Tuesday, January 18, 2011

George Frank!!!

One of my friends chose to celebrate her birthday with a tea party at a small house in rural Georgia. It took over an hour of driving on country roads to finally make it to the party. I knew about half the women there, and sat next to a woman that I had never met before.

A little into the tea party, one of my best friends stood up to use the restroom. The girl next to me then began to tell us about her soon to be fiance'. She told us all about how wonderful he was, and how they were going to be engaged in the next week or so. Naturally, someone asked his name. Luckily at this point my head was turned in the opposite direction because the name that came out was "George Frank". I had met George Frank on match.com when I was in college, and we had unsuccessfully tried to date about 5 times.

Gaining my composure, I slowly turned back around towards the woman and pretended like I did not know him. However, my animated friend returned from the restroom. She quickly joined the conversation and, of course, asked what his name was. As soon as the name came out of the woman's mouth, my friend shouted his name, "George Frank!!!", dropped her jaw, and looked at me with shock. Of course everyone turned towards me as I wanted to crawl in a hole and pretend like it had never happened. Awkwardly and forced, I quickly explained the history and wished them the best in their marriage.

3 comments:

  1. Goodness. That sounds so bad when I read it! Sorry Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! We are both laughing now and that's what counts!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I can still see your face, that girl's face and then the slow dawning on Nicole's face. It makes me laugh even now!

    ReplyDelete